How Sound And Video Improve Your Direct Mail Conversion Rate
Can you remember the last time you received an unexpected mail, the anticipation to open it and read it. Direct mail has been a huge part of marketing for a long time and it still continues to grow. Data from The Data & Marketing Association shows that direct mail response rates for 2016 was 5.3% for 2016 compared to the 2015 response rate of 3.7%. This has been the highest level the DMA has tracked since 2003.
Direct mail may be a traditional means of communication but adding video and sound to direct mail is a recent phenomenon. Direct video mailers will continue to grow especially in 2017. When used as a direct marketing technique, it creates a lasting impact, delivering the intended results better than what any other tool may achieve. 4 out of 5 consumers say a video showing how a product or service works greatly influences their reaction to the brand.
We are creating a new experience with our direct mail video, a new way to reach your customers with a state-of-the-art marketing strategy that will certainly surprise the customer, catch their attention and from the time they receive and read the mail, the message will be ingrained in their memory.
For those who may be wondering what a direct mail video is, it’s a hardcover brochure or sometimes a thin tablet but when opened, the recipient is greeted with a personalised message. It comes with an inbuilt LCD screen, a feature that quickly grabs the recipient’s attention. 80% of people can recall a video that they viewed in the last 30 days.This is something that guarantees sure passage through the gatekeepers to the hands of decision makers. A personalised message will definitely have an impact on the recipient; it will open doors which would have taken ages to get through otherwise. The recipient will feel honoured, and the chances of developing a mutual relationship between the marketer and the recipient will have increased.
A typical direct mail video normally has these features:
- It has the ability to convey a personalised message using audio, print and video media all in one package. The recipient will get the message in all three media types.
- It has the capacity to store large videos; the user will select the storage size, which may be determined by the message which needs to be relayed. If the video is a long one, it will require large storage space. Also the recipient should have time to watch the full video; otherwise one may fail to deliver the expected message in the event that it’s not fully watched.
- It comes with a rechargeable battery which has the capacity to last for close to three hours when in constant playback. It also has three months of standby period.
- Driving replays and sharing
- The urge to push the button or open the card is great, the recipient will be excited. This triggers multiple impressions as the recipient will continue to listen to the message and watch the video. There will also be an urge to learn more about the brand, this is more so if the customer is hearing it for the first time. If the information about the company and its products are presented in a manner that’s appealing and informative, the possibility of the targeted recipient making a decision to buy are high.
An important part of direct mail is also the personalization. In a recent study, it was discovered that people are 55% more likely to respond to a personalized direct mail material.Our senses are triggered by emotional stimuli and previous experiences, proper utilisation of musical greeting cards, sound effects, moving images and videos can trigger a response. Think of a nice song that you’ve heard in the past and made you feel good, something that, when you listened to it later, brings sweet memories. Similarly, adding sound and video to direct mail will make the recipient feel good, the nice images and sounds will create a sweet memory, and your brand will always be the first to come into mind whenever a customer seeks a solution offered by the company which has used this direct marketing technique.
Direct mailers create a lasting impression on the recipient, the video and sound conjure clear memories, and the brand’s name will sink deep, making it a preferred choice whenever a customer seeks a solution.